The University’s Winter Break will take place from Monday, December 21, 2020 – Sunday, January 3, 2021. During this recess period, the following operational updates for Business and Auxiliary Services will occur:
Forbes Street Market will remain open during winter break, with all remaining campus dining locations closed.
Get additional campus dining information.
Campus mail and packages will continue to be delivered to the central mail location 7500 Thomas Boulevard, Pittsburgh PA 15208. To pick up departmental mail during the winter break, please stop by our office between the hours of 8:30 am -12:00 pm Monday through Friday. The office will be closed for the holidays December 24th, 25th, and January 1st.
See additional mailing services updates.
Panther Central will operate on a reduced schedule November 30 – December 23 and will be closed December 24 – January 3. Panther Central’s call center will field calls during non-business hours. 24/7 coverage will resume January 10.
- November 30: 7am – 5pm
- December 1-20: 8:30am-5pm, Monday – Friday
- December 21–23: 8:30am-5pm (use the Forbes Ave entrance)
- December 24–January 3: Closed
- January 4–January 9: 8:30am-5pm
- January 10: Reopen at 6:30am: Resume 24/7 schedule
Parking and Transportation
- All ParkMobile parking lots will be available 24/7
- Lots SO, OH, OC, PH, SN will be closed November 26 – 30, December 24 – 27 and January 1 – January 3
- Campus shuttles will operate on a reduced schedule beginning November 26, as follows:
- Thursday, November 26 through Monday, November 30 – no service
- Tuesday, December 1 through Friday, December 18 – limited routes offered on weekdays; no weekend service
- Saturday, December 19 through Sunday, January 3 – no service
- Monday, January 4 through Monday, January 18 – limited weekday routes; no weekend service
- Schedule and routes are available at pittshuttle.com
View additional parking and transportation information.
Residence Halls Cleaning and Maintenance
Residence halls will be cleaned and maintained during winter break beginning December 7. Communal and private bathrooms will also be deep-cleaned during this time.
Student Housing Access
A limited number of students have requested housing accommodation extensions through Panther Central. Authorized students will be provided with security, cleaning and maintenance services. Beyond housing use, building access will not be provided to students during winter break.
The University Stores – The University Store on Fifth, Maggie & Stella’s Cards & Gifts and The Pitt Shop – will be open for regular shopping December 1 – December 20. From December 21 – 23 and December 28 – 30, the Stores will be closed to the public, but online shopping, window pickup, and appointment shopping will be available. The Stores will be closed December 24 – 27 and December 31 – January 3. They will reopen on January 4.
The University Club Fitness Center remains open to gym members with enhanced safety protocols in place; All other areas remain closed to members through the spring 2021 semester.
Note: Should the University shift to High Risk Posture, the plan will be modified to support the safety of the Pitt community, with updates posted here.
For campus building access information in place during winter break, please visit Facilities Management’s website.